Hearing From God

Many people wonder how they can know for sure they are hearing from God. Some may hear audibly and others "hear" in their spirit. I actually began to hear God's voice more clearly a couple of years ago. This is something I am not gifted in like a prophet nor does it come naturally. Instead, I have trained myself to hear God by faith, not audibly but in my spirit, through continual study and meditation of God's Word. This is also the way I confirm His messages are true because they are verified by the Holy Bible. There have been a few times where I have gotten a "download" in my spirit from God telling me things He wants me to know. These were messages specifically for me. I wish I had a built-in recorder for those times since I didn't write it all down as I should have.

If you desire to hear from God, the key is first and foremost, FAITH. Without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). You must expect to hear from God and be confident that He is speaking as you listen with your spirit and not your natural ears. Come to God in humility and sincere repentance. We must have true remorse for our iniquities. Be willing to submit yourself completely to God, drawing near to Him (James 4:7). Confess your sins to God for He is faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). Then you may freely enter into His presence with praise and worship! Spend time singing songs to Him and honoring Him for who He is and what He has done for you. Forget not all His benefits. He has forgiven all your sins, healed all your diseases, 
redeemed your life from the pit
and crowned you with love and compassion, 
satisfying your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s (Psalm 103:3-5). You will begin to feel any oppression from the enemy lifting and the joy of the LORD coming over you! You must press in until you come to that place of spiritual victory where distraction, negativity and fleshly emotions must flee. In this place you can be still and wait upon the LORD. Call on Him as a child calls to their Daddy in complete trust. Tell Him how you long to hear a word from Him and then wait expectantly. 

Write down what you begin to hear in your spirit in faith. Do not doubt!  It is easy to question whether you are truly hearing from God or just your own thoughts.. It is imperative to trust He is speaking as you write. It will take time to grow in this discipline but the more you are rooted in Christ and know God's Word, it will flow more easily from your spirit. 

Scripture References:
Jeremiah 33:3 ~ Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.


Isaiah 30:18 ~ The LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore He will rise up to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him

Psalm 5:6 ~ In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait expectantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM CALLING MORE OF MY PEOPLE HOME

I AM Your Help in the Battle

FAITH IN THE DARKEST HOUR